Monday, October 16, 2006

Experimental Experiment

Last year when I ordered some fantastic yarn from Jacey, she also sent me a skein of her "Experimental." Sunday afternoon, I experimented with it and came up with this.

View from the side.

View from the top.

I'm calling it a Ski Band. When I cross country ski in the winter, a toque is too hot for more than the first few minutes. A head band is a little too narrow to keep my ears warm. So now we have the Ski Band and I am seriously in love with it. I've already been wearing it quite a lot, along with my tire tread scarf.

I am so ready for winter! (I may seriously regret that statement if it snows this week.)

By the way, like my new glasses? M

3 comments:

Colette said...

That Ski Band looks warm and toasty - I will have to try something like that - hats always make me too warm, but my ears freeze, this should be perfect.

Like the glasses too!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I love your blog and those gloves down at the bottom are just amazing. I love knitting, I do it all the time, and I recently just made a red hat with a tassle and pom-pom. It's very cute. I'll be visiting this more often to get more ideas. Keep on knitting! :)

Katie said...

Hot new rims!

I just made a cape with a matching ear warming (double wide headband). The yarn is a multicolor, the colors of Fall leaves. You'd love it!

Miss you
Katie