Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Opposite of Startitis

Finally! A pair of socks finished. And these ones are for me. I am very pleased.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Vera. I love this colourway.

Also . . . Remember that orange bag from the summer? Well I finished the knitting last night and it's blocking right now.

I still need to line it and seam it up.

I'm not quite sure what has gotten into me. I just feel like I need to get some of these projects off the needles and clear them up. Every now and then, I like to finish or retire all the things that are on-going so I can start a whole bunch of new ones. I love knitting for that!

Happy Sunday knitting, M

4 comments:

Pioggia said...

It's great that you're willing to wait until you finish old projects. I lack that particular neuron. I'm pretty sure you'll find a taker for that pretty pink hat and coordinating pick pockets.

Susan said...

I love Vera too. Have one skein left from a shawl project. I wonder if I could manage to get a set (very short) out of just one skein... probably could if I used contrasting heels and toes. I should do that sometime - yours look really pretty.

Knits4Fun said...

Wow. That bag is going to be fantastic and I can't wait to see it. Your socks rock too!!

Katie said...

I love the sock! The bag I must admit makes me sad. The colour embodies what I love about fall, and the rain season has started here so all of the leaves are falling off into a dark nothingness.

I, newbee knitter, am about ready to tackel a sock pattern. Any suggestions for my first sock book and or yarn?

much love