I almost forgot that my friend, Andrea, asked me to make her husband some socks for the day. Here they are.
Although they look black, the yarn is actually a deep forest green. I used a simple 2x2 rib to the heel and then straight stocking stitch from there.
I think I also figured out how to beat second sock syndrome and no, it didn't have everything to do with the deadline either. I decided that I didn't want to miss a measurement by even a row because I didn't have time to do any ripping.
So I knitted the cuff/leg on the first, then the second so I could compare the length. Then the heel and the decreases on first then second. And so on until the end. It was excellent motivation to keep both socks going and going. Think I'll use it again in the future!
I also delivered this completed quilt to Andrea and her family to thank them for looking after my dogs when I go out of town.
You might remember the quilt top from several months ago. It's Smokey Mountain Stars from Quiltville. I always intended it for Andrea for Christmas but, of course, I left the finishing until the last minute. Fortunately, it all got done and just in time.
Hope you're all having a lovely holiday, M
Raising the Yurt, part two
3 hours ago