Sunday, February 04, 2007

Back Among The Living

Hello there. Yes, I am alive and nearly well. Still having some serious coughing fits and am weakened by making chocolate chip cookies, but I am still here. Something I mean never to take for granted again.

Now where to begin our update? Hmmm. Well, first we'll start with (royal procession in trumpets, please). . . a finished object. The pink camo socks.

So cute and already in the hands of the new owner. I hope you enjoy them, Vicky!

Next on the photographic update menu, I have started the Lapland Mittens from Folk Mittens by Marcia Lewandowski.

It's a bit hard to see here but the colours are chocolate brown, snow white and pale candy pink - the colours of Valentine's Day.

I loved learning the plaited edge; I loved learning the fair isle knitting technique. I still need practice with the two-handedness that is required but it amazes me that knitting is so diverse and wide spread that we all have new things we can learn about it.

Go visit the Yarn Harlot for verification of this concept with The Mittens of Rovaniemi. Truly amazing.

My Mom came up to visit last weekend. It was nice to have someone else around to take the dogs' attention off me. Although she may not have been quite so thrilled with the arrangement, I needed the rest.

And finally, in our big news department, we have a new foster son/boarder living with us. Chad is here trying to finish his Grade 12. We have been busy (okay, me not the dogs) trying to make room for a teenage boy in our house and in our lives.

My craft room has been emptied out and turned back into a bedroom (which was not a small feat, especially in my weakened state, and served to remind me how out of control very large my stash has become).

I would love to post a picture of Chad for you but because it is before noon on a Sunday, there is little evidence of his presence. The closest thing I can provide is this:

Reuben sitting outside Chad's door, waiting for him to get out of bed.

Happy Sunday, Bloggers. M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

That was king of you to move your stash to house a student. I'm glad your feeling better and have some company.

BerryKnitty said...

I love the socks and those Lapland mittens! Beautious. Your house looks real busy these days!