Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What Do You Do?

We're having another cold day at school - too cold for kids.

We spent the morning trying to ungum our heating pipes again, thus making sure we have enough warmth to keep blood flowing.

And while the oven was on for heat, Chad made some chocolate cookies.

It's his first independent attempt and while they are delicious, they do have a bit of trouble staying in one piece. They bring much giggling as a result. We're calling them joyful chocolate chip cookies.

Then Sarabeth came over to knit.

My camo girl knitting a pink scarf. Could I be prouder?

So we popped in LOTR Return of the King, ate joyful cookies, worked on scarves, mittens and socks, whiling away a sunny, if frigid -34 Celsius afternoon.

What do you do on your "cold days"? M

4 comments:

Katie said...

Now that I live in a house with two bay windows...

I make fire in the livingroom fire place, make stirabout, grab my knitting, a book, my jurnal, and letter writing supplies, and sit in the livingroom bay window. I am inevidably (and joyfuly) joined by a roommate and or a cat.

Stirabout
2 cups milk
1 Tbs flour
1 Tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

Put milk, sugar, and flour in a pan and heat tell near boiling. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg just before you remove the pot from the heat. Enjoy

Susan said...

I have jammie days - add the warmest sweater and several pairs of wool socks - homemade mocha (coffee with hot cocoa mix and creamer) and just knit and watch DVDs or listen to tunes and read.

Pioggia said...

What better thing to do than knit? I'm glad you enjoyed your cold day.

BerryKnitty said...

Our days get cold but not quite that cold!! Wowza.

Glad you had all the cookie ingredients in the house already so you didn't have to go out at all (but you're probably used to stocking up, huh?).

I love that Fireside Coffee on my cold days (I think someone else commented it as mocha coffee--about the same thing),

Fireside Coffee:
2 cup non-dairy coffee creamer, 1-1/2 cup hot cocoa mix (dry), 1-1/2 cup instant coffee, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Enjoy & glad you're feeling better!