Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Whole Week? Or A Hole Week?

It seems like a hole of a week in that it disappeared so quickly.

This time of year is tough for some of our students and, to be honest, we're all getting a little tired of the long winter that keeps snowing and snowing and snowing. So keeping everybody on track takes a lot of time and energy.

None the less, there was a little crafting going on. I finally finished one of the student baby blankets and delivered it yesterday afternoon. It's the cutest fabric on top.

I just sandwiched batting between two pieces of fleece, practiced some quilting techniques, and then put a binding on it. Considering how easy it was, it sure took me a long time to get motivated to make this one. I'm still binding the second one. I also have a third one to get together before next month. Ach! Better get on my pony! (See how I cleverly tied this into the title of the last post! Subtle yet effective! Bah!)

I would like to point out that these baby blankets and the Row Houses wall hanging I did a few weeks ago were all done with my stash fabrics. I didn't have to buy a single thing to finish them (although those pins I bought last week came in very handy). My point . . . and I do have one . . . is that I'm totally staying on my fabric diet!

We also made time for baking of the cookies - skor bits and chocolate chips. Yummy!

But Chad and I have decided that we're laying off the cookies for a while otherwise we'll both be much bigger by the end of the school year!

Okay, I'm off to have a day of crafting because, frankly, I deserve it!

Happy snowy Saturday, M

1 comment:

BerryKnitty said...

That baby blanket is just adorable!!