Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Personal Dulaan Challenge



Okay. So it started innocently enough.

I was talking to my mom last night. It was one of our usual conversations,day to day stuff, nothing spectacular. Then she said she'd read yesterday's post about my recent binge of Dulaan knitting. She proceeded to tell me that last year she made 19 items for them.

"Nice," I said. Then I told her she needed to do 20 this year since the organizer, Ryan, is trying to collect just one more item than she did in the 2006 campaign.

"Uh huh," says Mom, "Good idea."

Suddenly, the idea to make 20 Dulaan items includes me. (Hmmm, I'm not sure how that happened but I suspect it has something to do with my mother's magical powers of persuading without making it look like her idea.)

Anyway, however it happened, now it's out there - my own personal Dulaan challenge for this year. Twenty items in total (a pair of anything that requires pairing - socks, mitts, etc - being 1 item).

For me, I'm going to add the condition that they all have to be made out of my stash. Because I'm just that kinda masochistic knitter dedicated to reducing the yarn stock in my life.

Now that I'm picking up the gauntlet, I thought I'd share. Anybody care to join me in the Dulaan Twenty Challenge? M

4 comments:

Angela said...

Sounds good to me, count me in!

eyeleen said...

Wow! While I don't think I'll be able to make 20. I'm in for 10!! I'd better get started now...

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I'm in for 10.

With school, two jobs, my wrist problems, and a prayer shall ministry to balance I think 10 is a good goal.

I'll put a flier up in my office break room, and several on the back table at church.
Thank you for inspiring all of us!

Love
Katie