Sunday, March 18, 2007

Seventy Stars and Sushi

Wow! Creativity abounds this weekend.

Last night, I made sushi for the first time since I took the sushi-making class ten years ago. It was delicious.

I don't have any sushi-quality sashimi but I stuffed it with avocado, cucumber and some teriyaki salmon. Yummers!

Today, I finally finished the last seams on 70 stars for my Prairie Roads quilt. I am very, very pleased with them. The blocks themselves are far from perfect but the colours are glorious. Pinks and corals in wonderful combinations. I can't wait to see it all together.

In case you missed it in a previous post, this quilt is based on Bonnie's Oklahoma Back Roads quilt. Mine is made from scraps and fat quarters that I've collected but I guess I just happened to have a lot of pinks and corals. (I'm thinking that girly part of me is really obvious in this quilt.)

I feel both rested and productive after this long weekend. I'm totally ready to go back to work tomorrow. It's a good feeling.

M

1 comment:

eyeleen said...

Your sushi roll sounds yummy! Great work on all those squares, i love the colors.