Saturday, March 17, 2007

While The Teenager's Away . . .

The crafter will play.

Chad is away in Prince Albert this weekend visiting his aunt and cousins. I have the house to myself and a three day weekend. Crafting has taken over.

And that's just the coffee table.

Over on the kitchen table, there is quilting in progress.

I finally got all the seams ironed on my first batch of block bits (my least favourite part of the quilting process) and started putting more of them together. I am making good headway on it today.

As promised, I have a pic of the fabrics that broke my diet. In my defense, I would like to point out that this is the first stash enhancing I've done since early October so I can still be quite proud of myself.

They were so seriously worth it! I adore that batik heart fabric and the multicoloured vines just grabbed me.

Since I was breaking the diet for those fabrics, I also indulged in a couple of matching Moda charm packs. I've never had charm squares before and I have to say I am quite happy about not having to cut them if I don't want to. I am such a lazy quilter!

I've also made awesome progress on the vest for Dulaan. I love that I don't have seams to do on it. Apparently I'm a lazy knitter,too.


Yesterday I spent the morning doing some major house cleaning and got some mending done, too. I used the opportunity to practice my hand-applique of a heart over a hole in my duvet cover.
Yup, it's been a great weekend so far. Next time I'll tell you my new secret for reading while I craft. It's heaven.

Wishing you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day! M

1 comment:

BerryKnitty said...

Nothing like a 'crafternoon!' I love your Dulaan vest!!