Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Cutting Edge

Remember how I said that I dislike the cutting process? It is truly my least favourite part of making of quilts. Every now and then I like to cut for a couple of quilts just to get it out of the way.

Now remember how I said earlier this week that I was going to try to get the cutting done on one or two, maybe even three, quilts? Well, I have spent the rest of this week cutting and cutting and cutting. And I cut enough for five quilts.

Starting in the top left corner and moving clockwise is the fabric for Star Struck, Road to Camp Gravatt, Star Fling, Crayon Box, and a batik quilt of my own design.

Even I'm impressed with that output.

Now I just need to get on with the sewing part.

Hope you're having a crafty weekend, M

1 comment:

La Tea Dah said...

Sounds like we'd make a good team. I enjoy cutting quilts and stitching tops. Then I fizzle out! I won't tell you how many quilts I have done that only need binding and/or tying/quilting and binding. Sigh.