Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Prairie Backroads At Sunrise

After putting borders on the Sweet Heart quilt yesterday, I decided it was time to join the blocks of my Prairie Backroads quilt with some sashings.

I think it looks gorgeous.

I gush over this quilt every time I see it. I just adore the colours and the intricacies of the pattern. It has been a lot of work, especially the cutting, but it is so worth it!

Someone asked me why I call this my Prairie Backroads quilt. Maybe this will help.

See those lovely hues of pinks and corals in this prairie sky? We get to see them at every sunrise and sunset around here. How could I not see them in this quilt?

As you may remember, I got the inspiration for it from Bonnie's Oklahoma Backroads. This week I hope to get some cutting for at least one more of the Quiltville designs, maybe even two or three. (I think I'm feeling a bit ambitious this morning!)

In all honesty, the cutting part of the process is my least favourite so I tend to do it in big sessions. If I can get enough cutting done for two or three quilt tops, then I can just pick up a bag of pieces whenever I feel inspired and sew until it's finished.

Chad is away visiting his family this week so I have the house to myself and, yes, it has been turned into a craft house again, at least until Friday.

I will have to take a break from crafting today and do some housework (cue loud music for dancing with vacuum cleaner), just to keep myself from getting buried in fabric. As it is, I think I may have lost a dog in here!

Hope you're enjoying your week, M

4 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Your new quilt is absolutely beautiful! Fantastic, inviting, soothing, refreshing --- perfect!

Great job!

eyeleen said...

Beautiful Quilt! I love the colors and that prairie sky is stunning.

Tazzie said...

I just love your Prairie Backroads quilt, the colours are divine. This is on my list of 'to do' projects for some day.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Fruit Jar Nicky said...

Yes!!! Your quilt is amazing! Well done!!