Hi there! (Waves sheepishly)
I know it's been a very, very long time since I posted. Believe me when I tell you that life has been a challenge lately and, frankly, blogging was the last thing on my mind.
I want to thank all of you who sent messages wishing me better health and letting me know how much my posts have been missed. I am sincerely touched by your kindness.
So . . . do you want to know what's been happening? Here's the list.
1. Back was so bad for so long that I couldn't sit down for weeks. I was either standing or laying down and neither one was comfortable. It took all my energy just to get through the teaching days. Couldn't feel my right foot and the pain radiated down my entire right side from the hip to the ankle.
2. Many trips to the chiropractor 2.5 hours away, taking time off work to do it and then having to stay over in a hotel to let the back heal before I drove the 2.5 hours back.
3. Received job offer from a school in the town where my house is located - 8 hours away.
4. Accepted job offer from school in the town where my house is located - 8 hours away.
5. High school exams prepared, written and marked, all while packing up classroom materials for the move.
6. Graduation coordinated, decorated, accomplished. My foster son, Chad, was one of the grads so I had his family and all his guests in my house, too.
7. Packed for weeks and then loaded up the u-haul and moved the day after grad. The trip with a u-haul, four dogs, and two cats took 10.5 hours.
8. While driving down the 100km (60 mile) road out of the community, a rock bounced off the u-haul and took out my back window. Fortunately, no animals were hurt.
8. Arrived at the new house and began the long and painful process of unpacking. My mom met me at the house and helped me unload the uhaul and set up a few things before she had to go back to Regina. This past weekend she came again and we set up the kitchen table and computer desk. All furniture seems to be in place now.
9. Have been seeing local chiropractor twice a week since I arrived and the back is much improved with just some nagging pain in my right hip and buttock.
Okay, those are the highlights. There were many other stressful and painful bumps along the way but I survived and I've even managed to get in a little crafting this last two weeks.
I promise that I'll post pictures of some of the adventures and progress as time goes on.
Thanks again for all your messages. I appreciate them and I hope you can understand why I was away so long.
Take good care, M