Sunday, July 08, 2007

Pix From "The Trip"

I mentioned that the back window of my vehicle got blown out by a rock bouncing off the u-haul. I have photographic evidence of the damage.


I didn't even realize what had happened at first. There was a bizarre sound, kinda like a huge bucket of gravel being dropped on the back. I stopped to see what was going on and this is what I found.

You can see here that there was a lot of stuff in the back which also included four kennels full of furries.

Once the window blew, there was a need to improvise. Thanks to the kindness of some passing Missippi-tourist-bear-hunters and my ability to locate strange items in an over-stuffed trailer, we configured this contraption.


With the big blue window replacement installed, the air flow to the rear of the vehicle was limited and we had to do some passenger rearranging to make sure everyone survived.

My co-pilots . . .

Molly and Reuben did a splendid job of navigating us all to the right place in a timely manner.

So happy endings all round.
Hope you're having a great weekend, M

1 comment:

Katie said...

I swear this type of stuff only happens to us!

I'm glad you all got there safely!