Monday, July 09, 2007

Resourcefulness

Since moving into my house, there has been so much to do. The unpacking and organizing and settling in has taken more time and energy than I thought possible. In truth, the office/craft room is still a disaster. But I keep diving in with the hope that one day I'll feel like it's all done.

Some of the things I've been doing around the house were kinda crafty and I thought I'd share.

Back story: My Aunty Shelly donated a couple of couches and Chad and I delivered them here back in February, before I even knew that I would be moving here this summer.

One of them was an old hide-a-bed - a very useful piece of furniture in a small house - but its original upholstery was a bit, well, . . . hideous.

I do love the shape of it, though, and it fits with the cottage-y feel of the place. That, coupled with the fact that it can be used as an extra bed, made it worth the bother of recovering it.

This is what it looks like now.

I had an old striped slip cover from my last place but it was for an overstuffed sofa. I pulled it apart and with a few staples and a few new seams, it fits pretty great. The seat is covered with an old table cloth right now but I have some denim that I'm going to make a fitted seat cover with . . . very soon, yeah, soon.

I also converted a set of curtains that used to be on my patio doors into bedroom curtains here.

The top pieces are above the bed and the bottom pieces are on the second window in the bedroom. Pretty handy of me, hey?!

There has also been other crafting going on and I will get pictures and details posted soon.

In the meantime, I hope you're all having a great summer with lots of wonderful crafting.

Happy Monday, M

No comments: