Thursday, October 11, 2007

Knitting Content

I have actually been knitting in the last two weeks. In addition to the tiny bit of quilting I did on the weekend, it might even qualify me as a crafter again. We may have to check the rule book on that one, though!

I finally finished a pair of socks last week in time for my friend's birthday. And this week I finished another as a good-bye gift for Cindy.

These colours are so great for fall. Also, she is one of those people who is always freezing so I hope these will keep her feet warm over the winter.

On the moving front, my new house in Regina will be all mine on Monday so I'm in the throes of packing again! Blech! This time, though, I've hired movers and they'll be here next Thursday. And I am looking forward to living in a city again, believe it or not!

For those of you who have been asking, the new job here was not a good fit, really not good. And I was not prepared to stay at a job that I had to fight with myself to go to every day. Life is just too short to be miserable on purpose.

Being such a small community, there aren't a lot of other jobs here that I was going to be able to do and still earn enough money to pay bills - not without working two or three different ones. As much as I like it here, it is not feasible to stay.

I'm sure going to miss all the great people I have connected with, though, and the next week is crazy with dinners and such to bid farewell to everyone. And for some reason, I just can't convince them all to come with me! Go figure!

So that's the scoop around here! I think I must be feeling better since I've been crafting and blogging about crafting. Definitely a good sign!

One final note - today is my Mom's 58th birthday. So everybody think Happy Birthday thoughts for her please!

Happy Thursday, Travellers, M

2 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Wow, you are back to blogging --- and I am delighted! Welcome! You were MISSED!

:) LaTeaDah

Pioggia said...

Really a wise decision. If you have other options, why stay at a job you dislike? I'm glad you found something else and a better place to live, too.