Friday, November 30, 2007

Blink!!

I swear I just blinked and the week was gone!!! The days are slipping by so quickly as I engross myself in housely stuff.

But enough excuses for being a negligent blogger.

I give you the latest painted transformation - my bedroom. The befores are dusty rose. (If you look at the top of the picture, by the ceiling, you get a more accurate colour.)


Not that I dislike pink. It was just a very dark, gloomy, 1980's kinda pink that needed to be put to rest, like so much from the 80's.

I like this inbetween stage so I thought I'd share that, too.
Because it's wood panelling on the walls (under about seventeen layers of paint), I needed to paint the lines with a brush because the roller doesn't always catch them. The effect is a quirky geometric that I quite liked (be still my little geeky math heart). Fortunately, reasonableness (read boringness) prevailed and I realized it would probably feel more like a prison cell than a bedroom after a few hours and I decided to keep painting.

The result is a beautiful celery green bedroom that is lovely and bright to wake up to in the morning.


It still photographs yellow but whatever. It's green. I like it. I get to sleep in it.

I hope you've all had a productive week.

Happy Friday, Painters, M



3 comments:

Jennu said...

Pretty!

Pioggia said...

Great job. It does look much better in yellow, er, green. Whatever, it looked darker before.

Katie said...

Love the volted celing, love that you painted the celing a different colour, love the colour!