Thursday, November 01, 2007

“Electricity is really just organized lightning.” George Carlin

Did I mention that I live in a 100-year-old house? And with a 100-year-old house comes the need for some upgrades. Today it was Steven and Trevor, the electricians, who came to work on my "quirky wiring."


This is Steven braving the attic. He's trying to figure out why that 2nd outlet in my bedroom won't work. Apparently, I have a choice between either the light switch working or the outlet. I chose the switch because what greedy soul needs two whole outlets in their bedroom?!


They were also removing some unsightly things from the house. Not that ceiling fans don't have their uses, but the ones in here were self-installed by previous owners and were so low that there was a real danger of decapitation. Anybody want a ceiling fan cheap?

I've already found a LYS that is heaven for my knitterly soul. There is spinning, weaving and knitting going on. With classes in all three areas, handspun to the ceiling and an owner who keeps alpacas, I think I have found a place for me to hang out and knit my fingers off!

Despite my already heavy stash, I couldn't resist buying some of the store's Opal sock yarn. I've never used it before but have wanted to try it for longest time. Here's the start of a sock in Hundertwassers 697, "Rainy Day on Dear Waves."


I love how the colours seem so unplanned. But with only one ball for two socks, my plan to keep them as identical as possible is going to be more challenging. I'm up for it!

So that's the latest at our house.

Happy Thursday, Travellers, M

No comments: