Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Beginnings

With a new town, new house, new life, I've decided that the blog needs to be updated.

Because I do so many more crafts than just knitting, the blog needs to be a litte less limited by it's name. I'm calling the new domicile Sugar Bowl House, because it's such a beautiful place that fills my life with sweetness. I'm also changing the name of the blog to the same thing because so much of the sweetness of life comes to me through my creativity, among other things.

I'll be working on the look of the blog over the next while. Please be patient if you find something that isn't working and let me know if it persists for too long, as I may have missed it.

Speaking of renovations, my friend, Pat, has asked for before and after photos as I go through the house. I expect this to be a multi-year process but the initial changes will be the most dramatic colour-wise and will hopefully come through in the photos.

The first room I'm tackling is the living room. After being here for several weeks and not unpacking my books because I wanted to paint before I did that, I couldn't stand it anymore. A place never feels like home to me unless there are books on the shelves and this is what motivated me to get started with the brush and roller.

Being that I'm on my own while I do this, I have to do the more complicated rooms (like the living room) in stages. Firstly, I pulled the desk and tv stand out from the corner and did some patching. You can see the golden rod yellow (although it seems quite peachy here) that motivated me to start as soon as possible.


Then there was priming of the walls, painting of the ceiling in that section, and edging. Next to the white primer, you can see that the new colour is a sunny green (called Cabbage Green on the sample card).


And here is the finished corner. It looks a very pale yellow in this photo but trust me when I tell you it is very green. A yummy, bright, happy green that makes me smile and urges me to do more painting today!
It's funny how a fresh coat of paint can really change the feel of a room!

Alrighty, then, that's how it's been going around here the past couple of days. I'm pretty sure it's going to continue along the same path for the next few weeks. At least, I hope so!

Please send good painting mojo! M

3 comments:

J. said...

looks brillant, the blog and the paint!

Tazzie said...

I love the new look for your blog. The painting looks wonderful too! There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint to make your home feel new and shiny.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Wow, nice new look! And I love the new name too. I had a bit of worry because I couldn't find your blog. But bloglines to the rescue, I just searched for your old blog name.

Wow, nice new look!