Friday, November 23, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

Remember my table runner, the first project of my renewed interest in quilting? Those fabrics and blocks came from a class that I took in Vancouver back in 1999. My dislike for the experience on that weekend kept me from picking up anything quilty for several years afterwards. Thank goodness I got over that!

My mom took the same class and had the same negative connotations. Unfortunately, she hasn't gotten over it yet. Lucky me, though, inherits her fabrics and partially completed blocks.


I've been playing with them a little, trying to decide what to do with them. At first, it was going to be another table runner of sorts but then I realized I could make a kick-butt quilt for my new bedroom (that I'm trying to finish painting). No final decisions yet. I'll let you know!

Having discovered that I can only do about two paint coats per day before my hands surrender in pain, I have been strengthening them with more knitting breaks in between (yeah, that's my story). The product is another hat.


This is another pattern from One-Skein Wonders, Elizabeth's Perfect Hat, also done in Lorna's Laces Watercolour. Have I mentioned how much I love this book? I've already started another project from it. Pictures soon.

Happy Friday, Travellers, M

1 comment:

Jennu said...

Both hats are lovely. Quick question, though. Did each hat take one skein, or was one skein enough for both? (Just wondering if the One Skein book is really one skein per pattern, or one skein at most.)