Monday, November 05, 2007

Stash Management of a Different Kind

It was a productive weekend around here, in oh so many ways. Although things are not exactly unpacked yet (and are not likely to be until some painting gets done), I've been making some progress in getting organized.

The latest acquisition towards this is a leather ottoman. It fills the spot beneath the living room window very nicely and has the added bonus of extra storage.


The makers call it a blanket storage box. I had a different idea.

As you can see, in addition to too much yarn and fabric to comfortably contain, I also have an enormous dvd collection that seems to be in constant danger of taking over my living room.

Seriously, I am taking steps to get my addictions under control as moving and housing them are becoming a royal pain in the butt!

By Sunday night, I was pretty tired out and decided to sit down, relax and listen to War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. This allowed me plenty of time to finish up the binding on my heart table runner.
I've said this before but I do enjoy the binding process of a quilt. It always amazes me how polished and finished it looks when I'm done.

I'm going up north for a few days this week. I need to visit all my friends up there and give my former students some love and support.

I'm going to pick up some audio books today for the 8-hour drive. I love that I live in a city where I can get them for free at the library now. It's the little things that bring me joy!

And on that note, I'll sign off for now.

Happy Monday, Travellers, M

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

I love your quilted and knitted items. I'm glad you're solving your storage solutions and your wiring problems too.

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Beautiful table runner! And what a smart looking hiding device/furniture - I would be more tempted to put yarn in there though. Our DVD collection is so big we have forgo the packaging and store them in plastic sheets in a zip case folder. One for hubby (action and war) and one for me (musicals and chick flicks and space/sci-fi).