Monday, December 03, 2007

Not A Thing

I was struggling to find a subject for a post today. My hand quilting of the Sweet Heart quilt is progressing but nothing picture worthy yet. And my knitting has taken a backseat while I do the quilting so nothing in that area either. I've even retired my paint roller for a while until my wrist gets stronger or I have help, so again, nothing to report there.

So while working on the computer, the postman popped a little something in our mail box, (announced very clearly by my dogs barking at him through the window). Always available for a distraction these days, I discovered, to my delight, a parcel from my dear friend, Katharyn in Seattle!

In it was this gorgeous scarf and hat set and a lovely letter that touched my heart so sweetly it brought tears to my eyes.

Katharyn knows of my weakness for the yarn (I love the pink camo and I even knit socks from it last year for one of my students). She remembered that I haven't made myself a scarf for winter yet (actually not even last winter!). So Voila! A pink camo scarf all for me, me, me!!!

The skull cap is Katharyn's first attempted at dpn's and is perfect! Atta girl!! The scarf is the Windy City Scarf from Stitch and Bitch, which Katharyn swears by since she made her own. Plus she added adorable little buttons that are so perfectly me - hearts and shamrocks.

I am so ready for a very stylish winter now! And I feel loved and appreciated! What more could a girl ask for?! Nothing, I tell you. Not. A. Thing.

Happy Monday, Travellers, M

2 comments:

Monika said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about my handspun hat. It's the Noro hat pattern by Saartje. If you google it you'll find it. It's a free pattern. This one was my second one, I just love it that much. :o)
Nice scarf you've got there, I like the color combination.

Katie said...

I'm so glad you like it!