Sunday, January 20, 2008

Go Forth and Multiply

It started out looking like this:

One giant, I mean seriously overstuffed, dog pillow. It's been in the basement since we moved in because the dogs didn't even like to sit on it.

It wasn't always that stuffed but during one of the moves, I had a bag of stuffing that just wasn't going to fit in the moving van. So I forced the issue by pushing it, with quite a bit of effort, into the dog bed. Then I fought to get that giant pillow into the moving van or the truck or wherever it wound up.

So yesterday, I decided it was time to fix it. Now we have these:

Three instead of one. Much better pillows and much more popular with the puppies.

The Winnie pillow was made from a used baby blanket from a thrift store with some scrap flannel on the back. The red/green pillow on the far right was a discount piece of fleece ($1, I think) that I got at a local fabric store. And now the original pillow is useable again. Cheap at twice the price!

Okay, I'm off to do some laundry and then out and about. Hoping my back/hip will be much better after a much needed massage today.

Have a great recycled weekend! M

No comments: