Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!

This time of the year is usually a very reflective one for me. I often do a review of the year that was, but because of events this year, I've done enough reflecting to last at least a few New Year's Eves. Instead of my usual This Is What I've Done list I just want to say "So Long 2007. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out."

More upbeat were the celebrations with my friends last night. They were lovely, low key and late, but it was a grand way to start off 2008.

I delivered the basket of blessings


which held these lovely things:

I made the chocolate cranberry bread, which we couldn't eat together last night as one of the guests was severely allergic to cranberries. Poor guy. But the hosts can have it for breakfast today. (I hope it turned out well because I've never tried this recipe before, in fact, I made it up and didn't have time to do a tester.)

I also made the napkins, the table mat and the card for the basket.


I spent all day yesterday organizing the basket and I had a blast doing it. I wish I were that motivated and productive every day of the year! Just think how much I could accomplish!

Tomorrow I start a new job to go with my new house, my new city, and lots of other new things. I'm looking forward to having a routine outside of the house again. It's been a few months.

I sure hope this job thing doesn't cut into my crafting/blogging time! :P

Happy 2008! M

1 comment:

La Tea Dah said...

What a lovely basket!

And a new job! Wow, I hope it goes well for you. Any clues as to what you will be doing? Same as before?

Enjoy a happy NEW YEAR!

LaTeaDah

PS: Much success with the job!