New houses need certain things. Besides trying to fit in all the existing stuff, there are often a few touches that are unique to each abode.
For me, in the Sugar Bowl House, it has been curtains.
After painting my bedroom, this was my window covering:
A sheet tacked to the frame. It's not even a flat sheet but a fitted sheet. One that I used to cover furniture while painting walls. Bad, I know.
So this weekend I decided to remedy the situation. And it was almost free - fabric given to me as a gift from a friend, scraps from a quilt I made a couple of years ago, and the white eyelet was donated by my mom.
I love how pretty they turned out.
And they look so good in my bedroom.
In fact, I did a lot of sewing this weekend. I made these two little cloth bags to keep in my desk at the office.
They're just to keep some personal stuff in the drawer - handy but hidden.
I love it when pretty things are functional, too.
I'll post more pictures of my exploits in coming days. For now, I'll sign off and wish you happy weekend crafting.
Raising the Yurt, part two
3 hours ago