Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Little Bit Of Pretty

Life can be rather gloomy in January. Some British scientist claims that yesterday has the dubious distinction of being the most depressing day of the year - Blue Monday.

Fortunately, I live in Saskatchewan and it's sunnier here than most places at this time of year. Even if it is blistering cold, at least it's bright.

Still . . . that blistering cold part can inspire thoughts of spring. This little piece of green is a reminder that winter doesn't last forever.


Thoughts of spring aside, I do love winter. It inspires me to make many warm things - mittens, quilts, and delicious food. Like this yummy pizza we had on the weekend:

Thin crust with spinach, shrimp, mushrooms and lots of soy cheese (my milk allergy doesn't allow the cow kind). Mmmm, I'm getting hungry just looking at it again!

Hoping you're keeping the January blues at bay, M

1 comment:

J. said...

oh that pizza is making me hungry, guess its time for some dinner! Those curtains are fabulous!