Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Same and Different

In quilt school, we learned all about how the same block can look very different for each person. It's a concept many of us learn in kindergarten but now we get to learn it again.

Here's a snap of all the grads of the class plus our instructor, Cheryl.

You can see that everybody is in a different stage of completion, depending on who did their homework. I will sheepishly tell you that I am not one of the homework people.

And here are all the different blocks by the different participants.









Gotta love the diversity!

Happy Wednesday, Travellers, M

2 comments:

Katharyn said...

You need to do your homework because your quilt hanging is going to look the best! Suns, and moons, and starts, oh my!

The Hallowe'en one is a cute concept, but I think I would have done the border differently. Either smaller interchanging pannles, or all one color. I like the idea of the right angle change, but with the smaller alternating zig-zag of the orange and black through the bulck, I find tha the border take away from the craziness.

What a great choice of coordinating fabric with the red and blue piece!

quiltmom said...

I love all the beautiful combinations of colors that you and your friends have created. I have not tried the pineapple block-but I do like the patterns that it creates. Maybe some day I will get a chance to create one too- it lots like it is lots of fun.
Regards,
Anna