Sunday, January 13, 2008

Whoa, Nelly!

I have been so busy this weekend! I love it when I get so much done. And even though I have a new job, it's a desk job - an accountant to be precise. Being so different from teaching, I find that I actually have energy left over at the end of the day. This means I have tons and tons left over by the weekend.

So this is what I accomplished:

Making cauliflower mushroom soup. So delicious.

Britt-Arnhild made some a couple of weeks ago and hers made my mouth water so I gave it a try. Mmm, mmm, good.


Baking oatmeal raisin cookies.

Very nice but not quite what I expected. If anyone has a recipe that they can recommend for some soft, chewy, more spread out cookies, I'd love to get it from you.

Chopping apples for making apple-carrot juice. Yummers.

I love to use this as a base for a breakfast smoothie with frozen fruit.

Knitting a new toque for walking to work.

It's a simple roll-brim hat from Pierrot Madil in green and pink. Very quick to knit and lots of texture. I have some coordinated mittens on the go, too, but they'll be a bit longer.

I've also baked some whole wheat bread, cleaned the house, done the grocery shopping, stopped at the LYS, dropped off a few books at the library, swept the walks of snow, sorted the recycling, and done the laundry. Whew!!! Gotta love it!

Hope you've all had a fabulous weekend, in whatever way works for you, M

3 comments:

Katie said...

I use the recipie on the Quaker Oatmeal box, they spread out nicley and are very chewy.

Good job on being so productive!
Love
Katie

Granpa Joe said...

I have a recipe from my son's cub scout book. They aren't spread out but they stay soft.

One trick I use to keep cookies chewy is using a bit of molasses anytime the recipe calls for brown sugar. For instance if it requires 2 c. brown sugar, I use 1 3/4 white and 1/4 c. unsulphered molasses (like Grandma's or Brer Rabbit, not black strap).

Carla (new reader to your blog)

Britt-Arnhild said...

Easy to see that you had a creative week-end.

Glad you like the soup :-)