Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Crayon Box

Bonnie over at Quiltville has some very fun designs. This is another of her very simple yet stunning patterns called Crayon Box.

I added same-colour-sashings to mine for a little block separation. I love the way it's turned out.

I haven't decided how I'm going to quilt it yet. I've been trying a lot of new things in that department. I have been free-handing some clam shells on the borders of my Sara's Stars and feeling very successful with it. We'll see how it turns out!

Actually, Tonya has inspired me with her free-hand-fans quilting. She also does some amazing things with free piecing that I'm excited to try. I'm still a little nervous to go at fabric without a real plan but I'm getting enough scraps these days that I should be able to make the leap any time now. :)

And now for a little feline furriness - here's Sailor sleeping in the garbage can of my sewing room catching a sunbeam. Funny little girl cat!


Hope you're having a fabulous week. M

4 comments:

Tazzie said...

I'm loving your crayon box quilt, it's delightfully bright and cheery. Your kitty Sailor looks just like my kitty Gracie, I really can't believe how alike they are.
So glad you're feeling much better, it has been wonderful to 'catch up' with you.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Joyce said...

I love the crayon box. I'd say go for the free piecing. It's so much fun and if you are using scraps there's nothing to lose.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

ooh, love the colors of your Crayon Box. Isn't freehand quilting the greatest? So glad to have helped inspire you. Go for the free piecing - it really is loads of fun.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

oop, hit POST too quickly. sweetie kitty - be careful when you throw out the trash!