Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sitting In A Sunbeam

It's a gorgeous sunny morning and my kitchen is east facing. So . . . I'm just sitting here, enjoying the sun, drinking tea and reading blogs. Perfect time to do another post, thus prolonging the sun exposure.

This quilt that I pieced a couple of weeks ago is bright and sunny, too. It's Star Fling by Terry Atkinson but I've been calling it my Beach Party quilt.

What can I say? It makes me want to hit the sand with Frankie and Annette!

I got this as a kit from a quilt store in Saskatoon a couple of years ago. Then I added some fabrics from my own stash to make it bigger. If you look carefully at this picture and the Crayon Box from the last post, you can see where I frugally used some of the scraps from this quilt in that one. Gotta love quilting for that waste-not-want-not thing!

Now for our daily pet pix of cutitude:

Emmett and Sailor - she doesn't think she has any boundaries at all, he wishes he didn't! But they love each other and that's all that counts! (Awwww. I get all smiley when I look at this photo.)

Well that's all for today's update. Hope you're having a good Thursday. M

2 comments:

Joyce said...

The star quilt is gorgeous. I'm all about brights so it's right up my alley. We are having fog here in Manitoba this morning.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

this top is gorgeous. I love the colors. if you love stars, check out Bonnie's tutorial on Maverick stars - that will get your toes wet in liberated quilting.