It's a bit crazy, I know, but I haven't run out of projects to show you yet. To be fair, though, I did start this one ages ago and am just finally getting around to stitching it up.
If you recall this and this, from last winter (or even if you don't) it's now front and centre on the craft table again.
I've secured each star with a button in the middle as part of the sandwichy-quilty process (yes, that's a technical term).
At the beginning of this project, I intended to hand stitch all the stars on. And that might just be why it sat for over a year in the "I'll get to it later" pile. However, I have recently rediscovered that the Janome has a blanket stitch option and I used it!
(In fact, I'm starting another applique quilt with that blanket stitch option. I'm a blanket-stitching fool! Bwahahaha!)
Anyway . . . this one's in the hand-stitching-the-binding-phase now (another technical term). I did a funky hand quilting thing with it that I think has turned out great. It has a very free-form, folk-artsy feel to it. I'll show more pix when I'm completely finished before I send it off to it's new owner.
In other news, the camera has suffered a trauma this week and I'm not sure it's going to recover. The cats were testing it, and while it passed the "demonstrating gravity" experiment, it hasn't done so well on the "surviving the fall" debriefing. I may have to go shopping for a new one today.
So that's my news for this sunny Saturday morning. I'm off to enjoy the first weekend of summer!
Happy crafting, M
Raising the Yurt, part two
7 hours ago