Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Laundry Dance of Joy

My old house has had a very old washer and dryer. So old in fact, the tub on the washer wouldn't spin anymore. We've been hauling laundry to the laundromat for several weeks now. This is never a great idea but especially when one (read: me) is recovering from a back injury.

Today, we do the Laundry Dance of Joy because these babies have arrived:

Joyful Washer


Joyful Dryer.

They are teeny, tiny little things but they need to be because the basement stairs in my house are exceptionally narrow. At 25 inches, each of the new appliances barely made it. They had to be "coaxed" by the movers to get past the narrowest part. Kudos to them for not swearing out loud.

But they're here now. Hooked up and running. I have bed linens sudsing as I type. I am smiling at the thought. And it hits me square in the forehead that I am a Laundry Geek. Love me anyway!

Laundry facilities are definitely part of my crafy life, it's true, but I also have crafty goodness to show you. Another quilt top I finished very recently.


It's a rail fence, with an odd nine-patch thrown in because we don't want to waste lovely fabric, done in yummy pastels.

Ahhh, such a satisfying day.

Happy Tuesday, Crafters, M

2 comments:

Tazzie said...

I understand your laundry joy. I got a new washer and dryer 6 months ago - after almost 20 years struggling with the old ones.
My new appliances are better than TV!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Pioggia said...

Congratulations on the washer and drier. I'm still hauling clothes to the laundry in my apartment complex, so you can tell I'm green with envy. Love all that pink, I like the idea of not throwing anything away and using up every scrap.