Monday, June 02, 2008

The Place To Be

Apparently, my sewing room is it.

Or at least all my furry babies think so. From left, the dogs are Laddie, Emmett, and Molly. On the right and from the top, the cats are Stella and Sailor. You can't see Reuben because he's sitting under my sewing table, refusing to compete with all those other ones for a place on the bed.

Fortunately, it's still a very productive place even with all those bodies in it. This is what I made on Friday, (before I took my Janome to the shop for a tune up and they told me I wouldn't get it back until, gasp, Wednesday!).

A very simple block used in a very simple way but still lovely. I do enjoy the geometry of this one and it will be a baby quilt for the next boy. I have former students expecting.

I got the inspiration for this top from a book called Bundles of Fun by Karen Snyder. The designs in it are very simple but used to great effect. I've had the book for ages and only just recently pulled it out again, when I wanted simple blocks to show off specific fabrics in fun ways. Worth the investment for newbie quilters like me.

I'm off to do housework and laundry this morning.

Happy Monday, M

2 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Newbie quilters like you?!? You stuck that in there to see if we would notice, didn't you? *grin*

I love how almost all of your furbabies piled onto your daybed - so cute!

Pioggia said...

I am very glad to see you up and around.... and quilting! Those beautiful quilts are the proof that you are actually feeling better, which is great news. Congratulations on your new kitties.