Friday, July 18, 2008

Crafty Goodness

Well, it may not qualify as craftiness exactly but it is definitely crafty-related goodness.

I bought this gorgeous old Singer sewing machine at the thrift store a few weeks ago.


Even the spools of thread included with it are old and wooden and gorgeous.


It's been set into a newish table and has a knee lever to convert the foot pad, if one chooses to use it that way.

But wanna know the best part about it? $50 buckaroo-bonzai bucks, baby! Woo-hoo!

I am so looking forward to cleaning it up, starting it up and revving it up. (As soon as I get the new floors put in this weekend? She says in a cautiously optimistic tone.)

In the "other lovely things to be shared" department, I was given a dozen beautiful and fragrant pink roses this week as a thank you for a good deed I had done weeks ago. How wonderful!


And finally, for your feline furriness of the day . . . Sailor sound asleep like a baby.

That girl-cat can sleep anywhere, anytime, at the drop of a hat.

One second she's screeching around corners, teasing the dogs. The next second, she's sound asleep in some crazy place or other. I love having kitten energy in the house.

Happy weekend crafting, travellers, M

5 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Love, love, love the new sewing machine! And what a deal of a price! I'm interested in knowing how it works and how you love to sew with it!

LaTeaDah

Tazzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tazzie said...

Now, let me see if I can string together something that looks like a sentence!
I just can't get over how much Sailor looks just like our Gracie!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Katharyn said...

If I could pick up a cat through the computer screan you would find one missing.

Great machine! Are you going to use the convertion?

Nines said...

Love a great thrift shop find!! Congrats!