Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fibre I Have Hung

Thrifty Thursday is on hiatus this week. I wasn't organized enough to plan something out. Sorry.

The orange velour chair slip-cover is still under construction and while I have other thrifty things, I let it slide this week. Maybe next week Thursday won't creep up on me that fast again.

Instead, I present my newly framed Celtic Tree.

Oh, so pretty and now on the living room wall.

While pondering this new loveliness, I thought about other fibre-y things I have hanging in my house.

Which brings me to my antebellum lady. I stitched this when I was 12 or 13 . . . so a fairly long time ago.

It's a needlepoint pattern my aunt taught me how to stitch and I loved doing it, most probably because it was my first.

Next we have this Arctic folkart that I purchased when I lived in the Arctic, funnily enough.

It's made of felt, which is a common medium in the far north. I love that it's so simple yet so distinctive. It often inspires me to keep looking for my own fibre-y, arty voice.

I guess I don't have a lot of fibre on the walls these days but I do love the pieces that are up. I'm currently working on a quilted wall hanging to cover the closet door in my dining room. ETA? No one knows for sure. But it's on the list.

What fibre art do you hang on your walls?

Happy Thursday, Travellers, M

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

My aunt made us a quilt wall covering, but the wood pole broke so it's currently in the mending pile. You know, I don't have much fiber on the walls... but I guess that comes from having a painter for a mother in law.

I just adore the tree - once I'm starting new projects I think I may have to make something simular!