Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fungly Triangle Mania

Well, what fun this has been! Fungly is definitely a great way to let go of some quilting inhibitions and just create. It's been most freeing, and I like it!

Here's my fungly triangles so far.


I've been looking for an excuse to try the free-pieced letters from Tonya so I decided to surround the centre of the quilt with triangle words.


Being a math teacher for the past few years has really put geometry and all things triangular at my fingertips.


This one is going to be isosceles but I'm also going to add equilateral and, if I have room, Pythagoras.

I know you're all shaking your heads at me right now. "Poor little geeky girl" or some such thing is running through your minds.

But seriously? I am loving every nerdy minute of this quilt and I can't wait to curl up on the couch with it this fall and watch some wicked science fiction movies. Dorky dance of joy!!!

Have you hugged your nerd lately?

Happy Tuesday, Travellers, M

2 comments:

Katharyn said...

The other night I came home to one of our roommates sitting on the couch looking bewildered. "I'm really in the mood to do some calculus, but if I get started there's no way I'll get to bed at a reasonable hour." So I'll say to you what I said to Sean - "You a freak, but your our freak and we love you."

You're also the person who got me to get over my math trama so Hezah!

Katharyn said...

You need to check out Jonathan Coulton's Fractal Song. http://www.roserushbrooke.com/fractal-song.html

Hillary heard it an last years Penny Arcade Expo (Gamer Geek fest). Jonathan came out, "and now we are going to sing a song about math" and crowed started screaming as if the Beetles were on stage. "Only here does that get applause!"