Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Living Life From Scratch

Anybody who knows me, or who reads this blog regulary, knows that I am a sucker for homemade cookies and homemade soup.

In fact, I was in a bookstore/coffee house on the weekend and saw some giant ginger cookies. I remarked to my companion that buying them takes away all the fun of making them. While some people might consider that a twisted way to look at it, I call it "enjoying the process." And here at Sugar Bowl House, life seems to be all about enjoying the process these days.

So I present ginger cookie dough:

Doncha just love that vibrant colour, courtesy of the new camera?!

And, a shot of the little yummies while they're baking. (Excuse my less than stellar oven cleanliness!)

The recipe for these delicious little morsels came from allrecipes.com and I modified them a bit by adding vanilla and extra spice. Next time, I think I'll try adding fresh ginger, too. Mmmmm.

Then, while the cookies were in the oven, I whipped up some corn and shrimp chowder. The yellow is awfully bright in this shot but it was very tasty none the less.

Sorry I don't have a webpage to direct you to for this recipe but it's a modified version of a soup from an older (as in pre-internet) cookbook. If you're interested in it, just leave me a comment and I'll send you some details.

I love to share recipes with friends. A recommendation or a taste test can open new doors in the kitchen and that's always a good thing. Got any favourites you'd like to pass on?

Happy Wednesday, Travellers, M

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

Bring on the recipe! Umm... going to have to go make cookies now.