Sunday, September 21, 2008

Quilt School

My mom and I signed up for a paper piecing class at the local quilting store. I've wanted to learn this technique for a while now and I have to say it's a bit fiddly at first but I think it'll be useful for certain designs.

Here's Mom working away at her sewing table in the classroom.


And this is what her block looked like by the end of the evening.

I'm hoping to make a table runner for the living room out of my blocks.


And this one belongs to Myrna, my sewing table partner and funny lady who talks to her fabric just like I do!


I love how three different sets of fabric give three entirely different looks to the same block. It's one of the many cool things I love about quilting.

Happy Monday, M

2 comments:

Katharyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katharyn said...

Dyslexic moment! It’s all the same patter with different fabrics messing me up (that's my story and I'm sticking too it).

I just love, love, LOVE, your square with the blue and gold fabric (I’m such a sucker for gold sun’s and moon set on a dark blue background!).

So what do you use paper piecing for anyway?