Thursday, September 25, 2008

What? Thursday Already?

I find it hard to believe that it's time for another Thrifty Thursday post. Where does the time go? Okay, that question is best left as the subject of another post, possibly on a different blog. For the here and now, we'll stick to thrifty finds.

In the now famous-in-my-world box of goodies was this absolutely lovely, lovely flower bowl.

I had to say it twice because it fills me with such girly glee whenever I look at it.

It needs a clean and polish but the details on it are so very pretty, almost delicate. In the top photo, you can see a bit of the engraving work on the side.

And this shot shows the grapes and leaves along the edge. (Sorry about the wonky colour!)


It makes me think of girls in ringlets and Victorian dresses, cutting roses and arranging them in bowls like this for their tea tables. How very Anne of Green Gables.

Believe it or not, I actually have photos of crafty stuff I've been doing. Unfortunately, I need to upload the pix and the camera is elsewhere at this time. I'll try to get it done for tomorrow, along with some more shots from tonight's quilt school.

Happy Thursday, M

2 comments:

Katharyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katharyn said...

he-he, I can't imagen who put Anne of Green Gables on your mind. No idea what so ever... That is a lovley, lovely flower bowl!