Monday, February 02, 2009

Happy Groundhog Day!

I predict there will be six more weeks until spring. Given that the spring equinox is approximately six weeks away, this seems like a pretty safe bet. :-) Silliness.

In honour of rodents with weather predicting talents, I bring you pictures of a lovely.

This is my Sara's Stars quilt, finally quilted and bound. I am tickled with how beautifully it's turned out.

For the border, I decided to try some hand quilting of free-hand clam shells. For a first time, it's not bad.

That's another finish for Craft Everything.

So far, I've been finishing up old projects that were already in process. But I have also been working on some socks that I didn't start until this year so it's all going to work out even . . . I hope.

Happy February, M

4 comments:

Tazzie said...

Ohhh my, we love that Groundhog Day movie in this house - I had no idea it was a real thing!
Your quilt is adorable, and I love the hand quilting. You're really moving and shaking on your UFO's - well done hon!
*hugs*
Taz
:-)

Katharyn said...

What a lovely earth-tone quilt. Your clam shell quilting looks very even!

La Tea Dah said...

What a beautiful quilt!

And how are you? I hope the winter has not been toooo cold and that you are seeing signs of spring soon!

LaTeaDah

Knatolee said...

What a beautiful guilt! I'm enjoying your crafty blog. I found your site when I Googled "Amelia's Helmet"... I'm making one myself. I love Fleece Artist yarn.

PS Saskatchewan is beautiful too!