Monday, June 15, 2009

Found Minutes

Since the misplacing of my sewing room, my sewing space has been relegated to the basement. This has turned out to be a not-so-very-bad thing.

First, sewing in the basement in a Saskatchewan summer is a pleasantly cool place to be. Secondly, I'm in the basement every day for something else anyway. This means that I get to see my sewing area and my current project on a daily basis. This also means that I keep "finding" five or ten minutes to spend at my projects.

Need to feed the dogs? Oh, I'll just do a couple of quick seams while they eat their breakfast. Need to put in a load of laundry? Oh, I'll just iron a couple of seams here. Need a loaf of bread from the freezer? Oh, I'll just cut a few pieces while I'm down here. It really has been like finding time.

The first result of my five or ten minutes is this little Christmas piece I stitched up in less than a week:


It has an adorable fat quarter in the middle that I got in a fabric grab bag ages and ages ago. I could never bear to cut it up because it's just so cute. I also had a pack of 6" red squares that I stitched into hour glass blocks. And voila!

(This shot is a bit washed out but you get the idea.)

I think it's very festive and can't wait to quilt it and bind it and wrap it up for it's intended recipient.

And now for our latest furry update, we have a tiny Stanley kitten playing in his crinkly pants, being cheeky as all get out!


He's becoming such a little love. Considering how wild he was when he first arrived, he's decided that he quite likes this cuddley gig he's got going around our house.

Now, if I could just get him back to sleeping at night, instead of wrestling with the girls at all hours! Yawn.

Happy Monday, M

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

So cute!