Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Preserve University

This year has been a lot of learning for me. I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon, what with Baby Boy on the way. Oh, by the way, I'm still pregnant and today is the "official" due date.

My study for the day is about making jelly. This one is a Ginger Zucchini Marmalade.


By the time I got them in the canner on the stove, I also made Easy Marmalade with the leftover oranges, lemons, limes, apples and a little pineapple thrown in.


The yield for the day was six 500ml jars of amber deliciousness.


All this learning came from Bernardin "Complete Book of Home Preserving" , a book I picked up a couple of months ago. I'm hoping to have a bigger garden next year and I really wanted to learn how to preserve the produce. Today was a successful lesson!

Happy Tuesday, M

3 comments:

Katharyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Knatolee said...

I have that book and I like it! And the marmalade is beautiful.

Katharyn said...

My comment was much shorter in tone than I had intended, lets try this again.

I'm jealous of your marmalade. Stupid orange allergy. I wonder if anyone has try to make a jelly with sweet grapefruit?

How's the book for canning in general? Does it cover other types of preserving?

I'm hoping for a pressure cooker for Christmas, but we'll see if that happens or not.

Looks very tasty.