Monday, November 30, 2009

Mama's Been Sewing

With fabric I had in the stash, $5 worth of rings, and five minutes of sewing, I managed to make this:

A ring sling. I'm holding up the tail end (used for discrete nursing) with my right hand.

And yes, my son is in there. My left hand is resting on his back.

This was so easy to make, thanks to the free internet instructions provided by Maya Wrap.

It's completey adjustable, goes on and off so easily, and frees up my hands to do a few things around here. Like knitting.

I have been knitting. But I need to take photos when my model is awake and not crying or nursing. :) I'll get there soon.

Happy crafting, M

1 comment:

Katharyn said...

Love the fabric and the project, just wish we could see more of the baby!

I have seen ring slings before but never with left on extra fabric for nursing discreetness, what a brilliant idea!

Nice to see a picture of you on your own blog, that doesn't happen often.