Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Herbarium? Herbania? Herbathroom?

This is what my mainfloor bathroom looks like today.



It's a tiny, lightless room with good ventilation. No better place in my house to dry herbs.

And it smells especially nice in there at the moment.



I thought my choice of push pins for the drying was especially appropriate. :) But then again, I have a thing for bees that my husband finds a bit . . . hmmm, puzzling.

The garden has reached its end around here this week. We're expecting frost on Friday and it hasn't stopped raining since the beginning of August, at least not long enough for anything to dry out and ripen.

So here's our harvest.

A little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a pile of green tomatoes. Can you say Salsa Verde?

Happy harvest, M

ETA: Apparently this room has other uses as well. Like our Stan's perch of preference. tee hee.

No comments: