Wednesday, December 01, 2010

The Gift of Craftiness

I get my craftiness from my mother. . . and my aunts . . . and my grandmother. I have many childhood memories involving knitting, crocheting, sewing, rug hooking, needlepoint . . . you get the picture. It's a gift I hope to be able to pass on.

My mom made this adorable baby quilt for Callum. She cross-stitched thousands of little hatches on it. It's the making of an heirloom.


Even those people who don't appreciate handmade items, have to admire the dedication it takes to complete a piece of this magnitude.

For those of us who know what it is to invest this much of ourselves into something, it's already precious. More so because it comes from Callum's Granny.

Happy holiday crafting, Michele

2 comments:

naholter said...

Andif she is anything like the rest of us 'makers', she will be extremely upset if that thing of beauty and love never gets used "because it's too nice"

Katharyn said...

absolutly wonderful! Cross stitch quilts just amaze me!