Monday, February 28, 2011

New Kitchen Toy

We're hooked on fresh pasta noodles around here, especially Callum. He prefers them to any other kind.

So with that in mind, we decided to go in search of a pasta maker to help with the process.


We found a little manual deal that makes lasagna noodles, fettucini, and angel hair pasta.

I appreciate it because it makes the pasta making job a little bit easier. Plus home made noodles are really gratifying to make and eat, more so because the boy loves them so much.



This is what they look like before we cook them up. We boil half of this at a time to make sure they don't clump together and that they cook all the way through. Ten minutes in the pot and they're ready.

Then we serve with a home made pasta sauce and dinner is wonderful!


A lovely new tradition has been born in our house and it makes me very happy for so many reasons - it's healthy, it's delicious, it's made with love, it's eaten with gusto. What more could a Mama ask for?

Happy Monday, Michele

3 comments:

Knatolee said...

YUMMY!!! Makes me want a pasta maker!

La Tea Dah said...

Oh yummy! I have a pasta maker that looks like yours. I have never tried it out (it was my mom's). I wonder if I could figure out how to make gluten free pasta (without it all falling apart).

Katharyn said...

That looks so lovely!