Friday, March 11, 2011

Style, Styling, Stylish



Natalie over at Knatolee's World has nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award. I am touched that she thinks so highly of my little spot on the internet. I'm also a little slow off the mark as she did this a couple of weeks ago and I'm just getting around to the post today. Oops.

Along with the award, there a couple of things I need to do to spread the love.

1. Thank the person who gave me the award and link back to them.
2. Tell you seven things about myself that you don't know.
3. Nominate other great bloggers and notify them.

So number one is already accomplished - please see above.

Seven things about me that you don't know. Hmmm. This is the hard part and probably why it's taken me so long to get this post done. There's a fine line between interesting things and creepy things because there's not a lot of stuff left to tell you after all these years on the blog. But here goes.

1. I taught my mother how to drive. She was in her thirties when she learned and still doesn't have a great instinct for it, but she gets around just fine.

2. I love music and wish I had stuck to my instrument lessons when I was young. I'm hoping to take guitar lessons next winter at our local conservatory.

3. For many years now, I've wanted to build an earthship. I read an article about them twenty years ago and they really resonated with me. David is now interested in them and we talk about finding some property to build on quite regularly.

4. I love to bicycle and wish that I still made more time for it. It used to be my main means of transportation in Vancouver. I check into this bicycle website regularly and secretly yearn to live in Copenhagen because of it.

5. I have this strange and convincing ability to argue that black is white. Really. It came to my attention in high school debates. It's very disconcerting for my husband when I do this during one of our, ahem, debates. Fortunately, I use my power for good, most of the time. ;)

6. Rocking chairs are an essential piece of furniture in my home. Always have been. I think it's genetic. I barely sit in them but my mother will practically come to blows if someone else is sitting in it when she gets here. Currently, the rocker is my son's favourite chair so I think it may have skipped a generation.

7. I adore tea. That I've mentioned before. The newer part is that my favourite tea is Earl Grey. And the bummer is that I'm allergic to it. Something about the bergamont in it makes me vibrate, which can be fun, I guess, in a twisted kind of way. But the hangover from it is wicked.

Well, that's done. Now on to the next step - nominating other bloggers.

LaDonna over at Gracious Hospitality is definitely stylish.

Katharyn at While The Tea Is Steeping is a favourite read, and she's just come back from a long hiatus, so bonus!

Tazzie at Tazzie Quilts is a must read for me, and a sweet lady, too.

And then there's Natalie but she already nominated me so I can't really nominate her back. . . or can I? No, no, I'll refrain.

Anyway, that's my award acceptance post. Thanks to everyone who stops by here regularly and please feel free to keep dropping in, maybe even leave a comment, I'll put on the kettle for some tea.

Happy Friday, Michele

5 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Congratulations, Michele! I really enjoyed learning seven new things about you. Of course I feel badly about your inability to truly savor and enjoy Earl Grey Tea!

I will probably take as long as you did to come up with seven things about me! So, no blog post tonight --- hopefully soon.

Thank you!
LaTeaDah

Katharyn said...

Thank you so much Michele, and wow there are things on here that even I didn't know!

Since I only just came back from Hiatus island I think I'll have to catch up on a few blogs before I make my own nominations.

thank you again!

Knatolee said...

That was so cool! I had never heard about earthships before, and the bicycling part is cool.

And I love that you taught your mother do drive. :)

Knatolee said...

Plus #5 means you would have made an excellent lawyer! Hahaha!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh, you're such a sweetie darling, thank you so much for the shout out. How fun to read the facts about you - I had never heard of earthships before - I hope you get your wish!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)