Sunday, May 15, 2011

Garden Quilt

I just had to take a picture of this quilt top out in the yard. The colours in it are so reminiscent of a garden, it seemed fitting.



I'm making this one for my cousin's wedding gift. It matches their decor and I think it's just gorgeous. I hope they agree.

I'm quite proud of it actually. I have been extremely careful with it all along the way and so many of the corners match, I hardly recognize it as one of mine. But it's really special and deserved the extra extra attention.

I'm still trying to decide if I should add a pieced border or call it done now. If I don't make up my mind soon, I'll just run out of time and it won't get finished at all - not cool. So it's on the top of the priority list.

And speaking of top of the priority list, here's our boy. He's getting pretty adept at running the mouse on Daddy's computer - at 18 months. Seriously. Growing up so fast.


Happy Sunday, Michele

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

A beautiful quilt --- very special for spring! I love the colors.

And the boy --- cute as can be. Just more and more fun as the days go by.

Knatolee said...

The quilt is so pretty!! And the boy is growing up SO fast!

Katharyn said...

The quilt is just beautiful- and absolutly fits in the garden. I would skip the boarder; because of the simiular but different textures of the patchwork, I think additional pieced boarder would be too much!

Good boy Callum isn't letting his wrist drop either, he's got the erganomtics down!