Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Library Time

David and Callum are off to Mother Goose Time at the Regina Public Library this morning.

It's a wonderful program that offers music, stories and social interaction for little ones and their parents at several locations around our city, several times during the week.



And here's the kicker . . . it's free.

Everyone has access to it no matter their situation.

I like that a lot.

Our library is pretty amazing and it's one of the best systems I've ever used. (And believe me, as a dork reader and a traveller, I have used quite a few.)

All the libraries in the province of Saskatchewan are linked: One library card for every location. It is currently the largest library consortium in the world. I can order all kinds of materials online and have them brought to my closest library for pick up. I do this almost weekly.

Everything can be renewed online, too. So if I can't get down to the library that day, I just sign in with my card and renew (as long as no one else needs the item, then I have to run it down and get it in the returned slot before I get a late fine!).

In addition to Callum's weekly Mother Goose Time, I'm taking a class there next week on local vegetable gardening. I have also learned about raw dog food and cloth diapering at sessions offered by the library.

It's an awesome resource for our family and I just wanted to give a shout out to the Regina Public Libary today because we are avid supporters of this great community service.

(And after yesterday's election results, I kind of feel the need to make sure our community services are brought into the light and appreciated, just in case.)

Happy Tuesday, Fellow Readers!

1 comment:

Jen Anderson said...

My condolences on the election. I hope your library stays awesome.