Friday, May 06, 2011

Much Needed Day Off

It's my birthday today. I took the day off work so I could enjoy it. Believe me when I tell you that I am making the most of it by doing as little as possible. Bliss.

Last week, I was lucky enough to be able to attend a free workshop by the Regina Stitchery Guild on crewel embroidery. It was a fun morning and I learned some great stitches.

Here's my work thus far.


My husband tells me (as frequently as he thinks he can get away with) that I'm very much a destination person, as opposed to someone who enjoys the journey. I think that's why I prefer to show my finished product on here, rather than a WIP.

So I've decided to make a concerted effort to show my steps along the journey (like I used to), and focus more on how much I enjoy the going, rather than just the getting there. You're more than welcome to tag along, if you like, and I'd be happy for you to share the ride with me.

Hope you're having a great day. I know I am!

Michele

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Happy birthday, Michele! Wishing you all the best in the year ahead.

I love your crewel embroidery! Doing crewel work is so soothing and relaxing. What a delightful way to spend your day!

Happy week-end! May you receive lots of hugs and kisses on a day set aside especially for mothers!

LaTeaDah

Knatolee said...

Sorry to be late, but I hope you had a WONDERFUL birthday!! Your crewel is very pretty.

Many happy wishes for the year ahead.

Katharyn said...

Beautiful Michele, and yeah... I know exactly what you mean about posting only the finish projects. Great idea, I'll try to tag along! Oh and... Happy Birthday!