Monday, July 18, 2011

Craftiness Happens

A couple of very cool crafy things have been going on lately.

First, I've been sharing the soapmaking love with friends.

We spent a beautiful Saturday outside, mixing up some castile soap, sharing laughs and knowledge, making 4.5lbs soap each. That should last us a while!

Second, I've picked up a crochet hook again, after nearly 35 years. No longer just for finishing knits, I am actually making things. I know, craziness.

Started with a couple of dish cloth patterns, then a bag, and most recently, a seriously cute little hat for our friend's daughter.


She's not sure about that camera-faced lady but she warmed up to me once I stopped flashing that bright light in her face. lol

Hope you're having a lovely and crafty summer, too.

Michele

3 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Soaping and crocheting = perfect summer days! Cute hat for the little one!

I hope you are feeling well!!!!

LaTeaDah

Katharyn said...

Lovely, and so jealous that I couldn't be there for the soap event.

Knatolee said...

Looks like you are having a happy summer! I love handmade soap.